An exciting mixed use development forming the first Gateway site as the next phase of the regeneration of Kings Cross in Central London
Work was completed on site in late 2014 for this landmark mixed use regeneration project that will transform the entrance to the former Kings Cross railway lands.
This site is a few paces from the Kings Cross Regeneration Area, St Pancras International and Kings Cross Stations and has extensive frontage to the Regents Canal.
The ground breaking scheme comprises 161,460 sq ft (15,000 sqm) of mixed use to provide:
- An Enterprise Incubator due to open in Q3 2015 which will potentially create 300 or more new enterprises a year to be leased to University College London (UCL) and operated jointly by UCL and CTU (Camden Town Unlimited – the Camden Town BID)
- Retail shop let to the Co-op - the first local shop in the area for many years - opened in September 2014
- Canalside café/restaurant
- 350 student rooms for Camden's prestigious Universities and Higher Education Institutions
- 40 private flats for rent
Designed by award winning architects AHMM the development has created significant urban realm improvements, new direct access from the Regents Canal to Camley Street, the creation of new publicly accessible courtyards and seating spaces and the start of a new wider public open space and streetscape improvements for the benefit of residents, businesses and visitors.
Working closely with the London Borough of Camden and the GLA, Shaw Corporation helped conceive the original development concept and assisted with the following roles:
- Site assembly and land purchase
- Site acquisition funding
- Strategic planning advice
- Viability assessments and negotiations
- Joint venture negotiations
- Structure leaseback of the commercial areas
- Leasing of the Incubator to UCL